Ask an expert

16 Aug 2010

Dear Doc,
My 13 yr old healthy and hectic athletic son has ''wart-like'' extra growth patches on his right hand, just above his fingers on the outside of his hand. It actually looks like his skin is just thickening, however when he removes it, it just grows back. Do we have to see a dermatologist for this? Thank you!
Answer 356 views
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi MEV Williams, thank you for the question.

Your family doctor may be proficient with the treatment and removal of warts but in my opinion your best option would be to consult a dermatologist. I would discuss the best treatment options with your family doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20230 votes