Ask an expert

23 Jul 2008

Hallo daar..ek is 38 jaar oud en het nog nooit aangeleer om onderlaag te gebruik nie. Ek sit ook Nivea room aan my gesig en hande..wat is die beste om vir mens se vel te gebruik wat voorkom dat mens gou oud lyk? Ek het al gehoor dat die gewone Aqua (koeisalf) room goed is..ek soek iets wat nie te duur is nie omdat ek graag daarmee wil aan hou. My vel voel soms droog maar is nie vetterig of vol puisies nie.
Answer 1,647 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hello Sheena, thank you for the question and my apologies for answering you in English.<br><br>The choice of topical product regimen is entirely dependent on the skin type and ones financial ability. Your basic skin care regime should consist of the following:<br><br>Sun protection: a SPF factor 15 to 30 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and remember to apply several times daily especially during summer. Apply to the whole face (including eyelids and lips) and to the neck, chest, hands and arms – NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.<br><br>Moisturizer: when looking at a product like Aqueous Cream my preference is Epimax which is very cost effective and is an excellent basic moisturizer.<br>Face wash: use twice daily to wash the face gently and my preference is a glycolic acid containing face wash - NeoStrata.<br><br>However, if your budget can afford a wider selection one should add to the above regime anti-oxidants such as vitamin C, and A.<br><br>All of the above can be found in one form or another with NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc. and my suggestion is to look around, try some samples of each range, and decide which range you prefer and can afford. As a guideline NeoStrata’s range of products are sold between R250.00 and R350.00 depending on the product and each product should last you 2 to 3 months or longer.<br><br>Please remeber that topical products can only achieve a certain amount and one may have to consider other options in the future.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.