Ask an expert

18 Feb 2004

Acne Scarring
Doc I am an asian male with extremely sensitive skin.
I had severe acne - acne vulgaris in my teens & early twenties & used Rouaccutanne to sort it out - i am now 30.

I now have terrible scars from the pinching of the pimples etc. What can i use to reduce/remove the scarring & repair the skin.

I was told only dermabrasion can help me? is this correct?

your advise would be appreciated.
Thank U
Answer 388 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Carl,

There are various options availabe. A glycolic acid peel, as well as laser therapy might be good options too. You need to have a consultation with either a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist to discuss options.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19306 votes