Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Mar 2004
ADHD & Aggression
I am almost at my wits end - my son is 10 years old and is really not coping at school. He's been diagnosed with ADHD so therefore cannot sit still and concentrate for long periods. He also gets very aggressive when things don't go his way. He has very few friends and the reason being is that the kids don't like it when he gets aggressive. The teachers are concerned with the fact that he's in Grade IV and hasn't received a good if not reasonable phonics foundation which is also one of the reasons for his emotional outbursts and have now suggested that he attends a remedial school in the area. I am desperate for any suggestions on how to deal with this and to help my son cope with his day to day stresses in life.
I would recommend that you consult both a Naturopath to assist you with a nutritional support plan and natural remedies to calm his nervous system, as well as a child psychologist who specialises in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Both the internal dynamics as well as the behaviour need to be addressed - there is no remedy that will just do this. It will be a dynamic and active process to get him into a new way of relating and behaving, natural medicine will support him in this.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19885 votes