Ask an expert

25 Jul 2006

Atleets Voet?
Hi Doc,
Hulle se dis atleets voet, maar ek weet nie.Ek was al by my dokter gewees oor dit en hy het nou al drie keer vir my so klein botteltjie goed voorgeskryf wat jy op jou voet spray.My probleem is dit werk nie.Die "goed" op my voete maak eers n droe vel en as die vel weg is dan maak dit n gat, wat met die tyd al hoe groter word.
Is daar enige iets wat doc van weet wat ek ook kan probeer?
Ek kry skaam vir my voete.As ander mense dit sien gril hulle hulself dood.Ek wil nie he mense moet vir my voete gril nie.
Help my asb.
Answer 872 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Reply in english

You need to do a couple of things
1) Go back to your Dr and ask him/her to take a swab (bacterial test) AND a skin scraping (Fungal test) and send it to the lab to see what is growing, once that is done then you will get a prescription for the bug that is infecting you. A simple way you will know it is bacterial is if there is an odour(smell) on your feet as usually fungal infections dont smell.
2) If your doctor refuses to do this then go to a dermatologist or podiatrist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.