Ask an expert

18 Jul 2005

Blistars just below the ankles on both feet (very itch)
Hi! Doc.

I have developed extremely itching blisters on both my feet below my ankles. They have water like substance which after being squiezed out the affected area dries up and become hard on the top whilst the blisters are developing again underneath.

this has been going on for almost a year and a few months if not mistaken. I have used some foot staff but never taken this problem to the eperts.

Hope you can help.

Answer 480 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

It sounds like a fungal infection, similar to athletes foot called a versicular type (blistering type)
It is easily treatable, please go to a podiatrist, or dermatologist
to find a podiatrist call 0861 100 249
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.