Ask an expert

16 Feb 2004

Blood Test
Blood test - Is this the only method to deternine if you are the biological father to a child. Also, if the mother does not want the test to take place. What can I do?
Answer 348 views

01 Jan 0001

Yes you need to do a blood test and you would need consent from the mother to have blood taken from the child.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19307 votes