Ask an expert

18 Jan 2004

Breast Augmentation Previous
I had an augmentation about 10years ago, under the arms, and obviously my breasts have now sagged. I would like to have them re-done, would the surgeon do the same procedure under the arms or would a cut be one under the breast. Would the silicone bags be replaced, or would the same one's be used? How much time would I need to take off work as I drive alot. Where could it be done cost effectively and what are the costs nowadays? I have been very happy with the results except that when I excercise my muscle buldges above the silicone implants which looks strange. Why is this? I also had a discectomy in Sept 2002 and since then have seen my tummy muscles are not what they used to be. What is the best to get rid of this extra baggage as I cannot do many of the excercises I could before the op?
I have a couple of pigmentation marks on my face, is laser thereapy the way to go????
Thank you for your time.
Answer 423 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Me,

You need a clinical examination to determine and discuss the various options. Either positioning of the surgical incisions are possible. The entire implant would be removed and replaced. You need to take off as much time off work as you need to recuperate - this differs from person to person. Cost estimates cannot be given before a proper evaluation to determine the extent of surgery. Your muscles could bulge in a weird way due to the placement of the implants. Regarding your tummy - you need to be examined to determine what is possible. There are various ways to remove the pigmentation marks on your face, including medical grade chemical peels. Again, please see a plastic surgeon to have all your needs addressed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.