Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Apr 2006
coast for treating VALVULOPATHIE in SA,and in which hospital
My friend is suffering from VALVULOPATHIE. I contacted some doctors from France and they are very expensive because they said my freind need an operaion. How much can it cost to treat VALVULOPATHIE in South Africa and which hospital is indicated for that. Please help!!!
Valvulopathy is a broad term and could mean anything from a leaking valve to a narrowed valve, or a combination of the two, and could affect 1,2, 3 or all four valves of the heart. I do not know exactly what is wrong with your friend. Depending on this, so the operation will differ, and the costs as well. What this means is that until your friend has been examined by the cardiologist and surgeon, he cannot know what operation he needs, so he cannot know what costs to expect.
If your friend is not a South African citizen, then he would need to go to a private hospital. Each hospital has its own fee structure, so he would have to get a quote from the hospital of his choice. Then, he will also have to get a quote from the surgeon and the anaesthetist. The sum of these three quotes will give him a minimum cost.
As you can see, I cannot give you any idea of what the costs will be – that he will have to get from the actual doctors and hospitals concerned.
I hope he gets the surgery he needs.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19428 votes