Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Jul 2006
Do I have cellulitis?
I wore a shoe and I think I had tied it very tight-in the morning when I woke up I felt a burning sensation where the knuckle of the shoe was-I notice that my skin had expanded, it is very red and very painfull-it looks like there is water, I actullay have these sort of things if I scratch myself or get bitten by an insect when I was young-I was adviced to take penicillin tabs-Is the something that I should be worried about,As I am panicing.
Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the deeper part of the skin. The skin is red, swollen, tender and hot. You may have fever and chills. You may otherwise have contact eczema of the foot. The knucle of the shoe may contain nickel which is an important cause of contact eczema. I cannot say what you have.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19950 votes