Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Jul 2006
dry skin on face , looking old
hi im 51 years old and when i look at my skin there are fine lines around mouth , and i lost that glowing smooth looking face ...my face skin does not look like a normal looking 51 year old, and i use expensive creams, also i have a t-zone thats oily, but the rest of my face is dry help me please put the shine and glo back into my face...thank u donnak
Ageing of the skin is caused by a number of factors. Sunlight, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, wind, cold, gravity, dietary deficiencies etc. The effect of sunlight is more evident in persons with fair skin. Treatment of the ageing skin is complicated. Options are the following: laser, intense pulsed light, radiofrequency, Botox, creams containing tretinoin, fillers etc. Also common sense measures. See above. Treatment must be individualized. See your doctor. Oily skin is very difficult to treat. Hormonal treatment or low does isotretinoin are options.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- Solly Moeng | Profit above all: Why SA's whistleblowers are being ostracised
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes