Ask an expert

13 Feb 2004

Exercises for high arches and plantar fascitis
Are there any exercises that I can do that will improve my high arches? This is inherited. My father and my sister both have high arches and have had special inner soles made by a podiatrist.

Exercising too hard gives me plantar fascitis. I want to move up from walking (I do 20 minutes at 10 minutes/km on a treadmill 3 times a week) to running but I don't want to injure my feet.

Answer 464 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Ken

The trick here is to be stretching both muscle groups in your calves - the results will be astounding! Get someone at your gym to show you - you should feel relief straight away or the stretch is not right.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20185 votes