Ask an expert

27 Jul 2005

Food Allergies
Where can I have a food allergy test done? Trial and error is not working. I suffer from headaches & migraines and acne at the age of 37. I have tried just about everything (the rest I'm not prepared to try). In the UK these tests are offered, there is even a home test kit that only requires a few drops of blood.
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

We have a blood test that tests for all sorts of different allergens, including food and allergens that you inhale. I would suggest though that you see a doctor or even a headache specialist (there is one under the experts). There are a few different types of headaches with causes that may be treatable. It is therefore important that the correct diagnosis be made first. You should see a dermatologist for your acne problem. The allergy tests are relatively expensive and should only be requested if clinically indicated. If you however feel strongly about doing it, you are wellcome to request it at one of our labs.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.