Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
27 Jul 2005
Where can I have a food allergy test done? Trial and error is not working. I suffer from headaches & migraines and acne at the age of 37. I have tried just about everything (the rest I'm not prepared to try). In the UK these tests are offered, there is even a home test kit that only requires a few drops of blood.
We have a blood test that tests for all sorts of different allergens, including food and allergens that you inhale. I would suggest though that you see a doctor or even a headache specialist (there is one under the experts). There are a few different types of headaches with causes that may be treatable. It is therefore important that the correct diagnosis be made first. You should see a dermatologist for your acne problem. The allergy tests are relatively expensive and should only be requested if clinically indicated. If you however feel strongly about doing it, you are wellcome to request it at one of our labs.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Wandile Sihlobo | Grain production could be better than expected this year
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes