Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Dec 2005
Hi, i was diagnosed with a fribulating heart 11 months ago and referred to cardio: as yet i have not heard anything from them could you explain what this condition is and if i should be concerned.
I assume you mean fibrillation : this is a condition in which the rhythm of the atria has become totally irregular and ineffective, leaving only the ventricles with a regular contracting rhythm. You should have been put on anticoagulants, and you should have been seen by a cardiologist very soon thereafter.If you are still fibrillating, then you must see a cardiologist urgently. He will be able to plan a treatment to try to get you back into normal rhythm again, although it may be too late by now.
There are many dangers and possible complications if the condition is left untreated, so please try to get to a cardiologist as soon as possible.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Damian dilemma: Why Willemse is key to Stormers breaking duck
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20244 votes