Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jan 2004
I have been diagnosed with Guillain Barre in September (actually CIDP - chronic GBS). I want to use barley green but I'm concerned this will work in with the cortisone treatments ( I currntly take 60mg per day) Canyo give me yur thought son this? Also , wha twoul dyou suggest can I use to help withthe repair of Myelin and tendons etc?
Barley Green does not have any known negative effect when used with cortisone. Have you been treated with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg), this is the preferred treatment guideline. Please check with your neurologist as this condition needs to be treated as early as possible.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- Dominant ANC faction behind my 'unlawful, radical and premature suspension' - Ace Magashule
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20295 votes