Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Feb 2004
I have been suffering from headaches since I was 12. I have done all the normal tests -neurosurgeons, ENT specialist, eye specilaist etc with no positive result. I grind my teeth at night. Is this significant? Some people have suggested I get a bite plate. What do you think? Who would I go to to get this done? I live in Durban.
Bruxism (tooth grinding) can be a cause of chronic headaches. Two solutions are either a bite plate or Botox onjections. I suggest you see a Maxillofacial surgeon.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19415 votes