Ask an expert

18 Feb 2004

I have been suffering from headaches since I was 12. I have done all the normal tests -neurosurgeons, ENT specialist, eye specilaist etc with no positive result. I grind my teeth at night. Is this significant? Some people have suggested I get a bite plate. What do you think? Who would I go to to get this done? I live in Durban.

Answer 433 views

01 Jan 0001

Bruxism (tooth grinding) can be a cause of chronic headaches. Two solutions are either a bite plate or Botox onjections. I suggest you see a Maxillofacial surgeon.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.