Ask an expert

04 Mar 2004

Infertility again
Thanks for the reply. So is it means they will cover it at a state fascility, would they pay for treatment? I am in JHB and have been to the prov hospital. It is a mess. Which brings me to my next point: Who can I complain to about Gov hospitals?

Answer 376 views
medical money

01 Jan 0001


Unfortunately you have hit the crux of the problem. I am not sure of the exact procedures that are covered but from the regulations it states medical and surgical. The department of Health is where to lodge your complaints - but I am not sure if you are going to get much joy.

I would write to the Trustees and ask for a definitive opinion, i would also ask them if they would pay the equivalent value of the state cost in a private facility, which means that you will still have to pay some in but at least you will know when and how it will be carried out.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19421 votes