Ask an expert

29 Mar 2007

I've developd n/path?
Orthopod says I have developed neuropathic pain in my foot after an ankle sprain.<br>What is it exactly? <br>What are my options to treat it? (I'm not fond of medicines as the side-effects affect me terribly).<br>Is there physio I can have? Increase certain intake of nutrients? Exercise? Or alternative medicine?<br>Does it ever get better?<br>
Answer 413 views
sports injuries

01 Jan 0001


Tarsal tunnel syndrome?
Neuropathy is where you get nerve pain in an area after an injury. It can be bacause the nerve is overstimulated or trapped.

Medication can be used as well as surgery. Injections of corticosteroids can be used.

Also depending on your foot, a night splint may be useful.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes