Ask an expert

15 Jul 2005

joint Pain
I have been having knee trouble since i was in 5th grade which has been awhile ago. I have been to multifple doctors for the knee pain. They mostly hurt when it is going to storm outside? They say it is tendonistis and another doctor told me something else but i do not remember what is was called. I went to therapy and did my exercises but it is not working. I got a exercise machine at home for weight lifting and some days i can hardly do the weight i normally do cause it hurts. My knees do alot of creeking when i squat and stand up again. Do i have artritis?
what doctor could i see for this trouble?
Answer 375 views
rehabilitation after injury

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dolphin

You need to see an orthopaedic surgeon to get a proper diagnosis. Your pain could be caused by a multiple of factors. It could osteo-arthritis or simply a previous injury that did not heal properly. If it is arthritis, I would recommend you see a biokineticist, which will prescribe specific exercise to relieve the symptoms of your condition. I also recommend you see a dietician, as diet may influence the condition as well.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9477 votes
68% - 20349 votes