Ask an expert

19 Jan 2004

Lump on nose 2
I consulted a Gp about the lump on my nose and she said that the cartilage on one side had started growing outward that accounted for the lump. Can a plastic surgeon fix this- or must I see a facial-maxillo surgeon.I really want to get it removed- as it causes me embrassment.
Answer 367 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nose,

A plastic surgeon will in almost all cases work together with an ear, nose and throat surgeon on such a procedure. Your nose is a functional part of your anatomy - any surgery done must take into consideration your ability to breath after the operation, and therefore these two people should be assessing your situation together.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19311 votes