Ask an expert

19 Apr 2006

Medical aid for non relatives??
My mentally handicapped brother lives with me aswell as my boyfriend's son.
My brother is 33, non smoker, non drinker, healthy but only earns R2 000 per month.
My "step" son is 20, non smoker, healthy he earns R3 000.
His father is on my medical aid at work and his mother is not on a medical aid.
Is there an affordable medical aid that will allow the 2 of them to go on one plan together?
I just cannot seem to get my head around each of them paying over say R900 when they do not earn much more than that!!
What about a hospital plan??
Any advice??
Answer 347 views
Medical schemes

01 Jan 0001

Unfortunately it will not be able to put them on one medical scheme. It is however possible to put them on seperate affordable medical schemes. You can go to and request a medical scheme quote on different affordable medical schemes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.