Ask an expert

17 Apr 2006

I suspect I may have metatarsalgia. Can a physio sort this out?
or should i visit an orthopod? Is surgery possible?
Answer 332 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Metatarsalgia is an umbrella term for a painful forefoot and although a known termit isnt a specific diagnosis as many thing can cause pain in this area. I suggest you see either a podiatrist or a foot and ankle orthopeadist to give you the correct diagnosis
To get referred to a podiatrist please call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19320 votes