Ask an expert

14 Apr 2006

mortons neuroma

i have alot of pain and burning at the front underside of my foot where my lesser toes are. during the past 5 yrs, I have fractured and sprained the ankle in this foot .
pain worsens if i stand on foot or walk.
could i have mortons neuroma or tts? would an mri confirm this?if yes, could you recommend a good 'foot' ortho/podiatrist in joburg north area (rosebank, sandton side).
i have heard of dr pierre rosseau at Wilgeheuwel hospital.
Answer 595 views
sports injuries

01 Jan 0001

More Morton's. TTS would be more on the inner side of the foot .
Ultrasound can be used,. As well as MRI in Mortons diagnosis.( and a hang of a lot cheaper...)
Podiatrist- Dennis Rehbock ( his real name )
Dr Rousseau is a very good orthopaedic at wilgeheuwel. Also Dr Saragas at Linksfield for feet and ankles

Dr P
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20322 votes