Ask an expert

11 Jul 2005

Dear Sean

I do not know what type of specialist I should contact with my problem. I have had bad circulation my whole life and get pins and needles often, even to an extend where I can not stand on my feet. I also experience severe itching of my feet. Lately (for the past 4 months) I am in constant pain. Even in the morning when I step out of bed it feels as though I have been jumping on my feet all night long. The crystals in my feet feel like lumps of bone. I have always had difficulty buying shoes too, since my feet burn on the soles easily.
I do not have any reference of a specialist I can contact in the Johannesburg area and was wondering if you consult patients or if you could refer someone?

Answer 356 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Denelda, there are many possible problems here I think you need to start with someone who can assess you and then guide you in the right direction. Your GP should be a good person to go to
if you dont get the advice you need please contact me again
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.