Ask an expert

13 Nov 2006

pain in foot still after 3 year old inju
3 years ago i had an accident were an umbrella ciment block fell on my foot in a pool. it got bruised and slightly swollen, but was fine. i never went to a doctor and now i have pain in it everyday. every now and again i have a sharp pain shooting through the foot and up my leg, and sometimes i find small bruises on the foot, i have a need to stretch and roll my ankle, it hurts all the time, sitting, standing, walking, driving and lying down.
Answer 333 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Sadly there has been a gap from the original injury and it sounds as if there was an injury that was never treated. You need to start somewhere, and the best place will be at either your GP or a podiatrist, or an orthopaedic surgeon. You will need to have it x-rayed and maybe some other imaging like ct scan or mri.
The important point is thta if the old injury can be identified and there is some remedy ( be it physio, orthotics or surgery) you will need to do that now
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19981 votes