Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Feb 2004
painkillers do not help my headaches
I suffer from severe headaches and I am tired of taking painkillers. My headaches are so bad that I can bearely open my eyes, almost as if I become blinded from the pain, my head pounds that I cannot stand the slightest sound and become extremly nauseas. Am I suffering from Migrain and what are the cures or preventative measures that I should take to avoid such headaches from happening all the time?
One of the biggest problems encountered in chronic headache, is that of Drug Rebound Headache. This occurs after taking too many pain killers. These pain killers eventually start to cause the headaches. One of the first things we do in my clinic is to stop the excessive use of over-the-counter painkillers.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Tributes pour in for Durban Metro officer who died while diving
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20322 votes