Ask an expert

07 Dec 2005

plasyic surgery
i had a tummy tuck and lipo several years ago(2 or 3yrs) and i have been sick ever since. i have been crooked and i have cronic muscles spasms. i can hardly walk. i do not know what to do, i can't live like this! can you help?
Answer 357 views
Rehabilitation after injury

01 Jan 0001

Dear Laura

You need to see a doctor urgently, preferably a plastic surgeon who will understand what the complications may be after a tummy tuck. If it is found that you have an infection or damage due to the surgery and procedures you were under 3 years ago, you may press malpractice charges against the doctor who performed the surgery. To do so you need to contact the Health Professionals Council of South Africa or speak to your lawyer.

For now, see another doctor and get a second opinion too.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.