Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Jul 2005
thank you for writing back but can you please tell me how much these tests cost and the Docter gave me some pills to stop the pain in my back and also in my chest but sometimes it dos'nt work i also got Purbloka from the Docter to stop the high blood preasure and it also works for my heart but what can i use just to stop this ugly pains i can't take it any more do you please have advice for me
I do not know what the cardiologists in your area charge for the tests they do, but I’m sure your doctor could find out for you. The fee will vary according to whether you are a medical aid or private patient, and according to which tests will need to be done. Some tests provide more information that others, according to what the cardiologist thinks the problem might be.
How you need to approach this is to make an appointment to see a cardiologist, explain the problem to him, and let him evaluate you. He will then give you an opinion, suggest the appropriate tests, and can give you an idea of what it will all cost, then you can take it from there.
Please don’t stop the Purbloka, and do carry on with the pain pills unless you are having stomach pains. If that happens, please go straight back to your doctor and report it, as it could be significant, and you will need to be changed to other pain-pills to see you through until you can see the cardiologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Wandile Sihlobo | Grain production could be better than expected this year
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20323 votes