Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jul 2006
Problem dry scalp
I have a very dry, itchy scalp. i continously scratch my scalp and sometimes i've scratched my scalp open. this has caused scabs to form all over my scalp and then i scratch those off, which i know does not help. i have been using Selzen Blue but a day later flakes have formed again. is there anything that i can use that might help.
Perhaps you have eczema of the the scalp or even psoriasis. Selsun is not "good" enough to treat these conditions. They repond to cortisone in the form of lotions or gels. See your doctor to make a definitive diagnosis.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes