Ask an expert

31 Jul 2006

referring original query no. 196
Good day doc

Thank you for your reply regards to my dad. Can you recommend a good doctor. We are in Saldanha Bay but prefer visiting doctors in Cape Town area Northern or Southern suburbs.
Answer 291 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Michelle,

Unfortunately I cannot publically recommend any particular doctor. I would stress, though, that he should be seen by a specialist. The best means for this would be to ask your local GP to refer you to a physician – most GP’s have contact with physicians they know and trust. There are many competent physicians at the larger medical centres such as Panorama – Northern suburbs-( where there are 5 specialist cardiologists and a heart centre as well); Vincent Palotti Hospital,( private hospital, southern suburbs); Groote Schuur and Tygerberg State Hospitals.

I would also suggest that your doctor ask his receptionist to make the appointment for you, and stress that it is urgent. No matter how busy specialists are, there is always room made for a truly urgent case, and I think your Dad needs help as soon as possible.

I wish him good luck, and would be very interested to hear from you again as to how he is progressing.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.