Ask an expert

29 Jul 2006

I've read on the Web about MicroSpine surgery for pain relief. Can you tell me more and is threre any body performing it in SA? She is suffering from backache daily. Her Specialist said at this stage the only remedy is a total fusion.
Answer 263 views
Holistic Bone Doc

01 Jan 0001

Dear Herman,

You don't really tell me enough about the person's symptoms, age and onset for me to make a judgement. I would however strongly recommend that a surgical fusion is considered as a last option and that you have exhausted other forms of more conservative treatment. Please give me some more information and I will endeavour to provide you with a more definitive answer.

Best wishes,

Gary Riley
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9527 votes
69% - 20980 votes