Ask an expert

20 Jan 2004

Hi Doc

I have permanent sinus for 8 years now. I have been to 2 docters, a homeopath and a throat and ear specilst. They just give me medicine that doesnt help and say that they dont know from what it is. My ears are always blocked and sometimes hurt, like theirs water in them to the affect that my voice egos and I cant hear people talk. And my nose and sinuses are always blocked, nasal drip that sometimes make me naeseas ans my throat hurts.Im drinking , echinaforce and sinusforlmula from Dr A Vogel but its not working.

Do you think this can because of a wheat/dairy/sugar allerfgy?
And can bad breath, white/fur tongue and sore throat be caused by the nasal drip and that I alwasy breath through my mouth at night?Any advise you can give me to get rid of this will be highly appresiated,

Answer 451 views

01 Jan 0001

A condition such as sinus, with post nasal drip, blocked ears and the other symptoms you mention will only last 8 years if there are underlying factors that are continually aggravating the area.
It could well be a food intolerance and what we call reactive digestion or "leaky gut" in which normal foods are reacted to with a sensitivity. It may be appropriate for you to consult a Naturopath and go on an elimination diet, that continues to then strengthen your digestive system.
Another aggravating factor can be in the environment, pollution, chemicals, dust allergy, pet allergy, pest allergy can all cause chronic sinus reactions. I suggest that you eliminate as best as possible any of these factors by careful vacum of the home, hygiene of the living areas, remove pets from indoors or bedrooms.
The herbal remedy goldenseal, and ginger are useful in clearing out excess mucous, use for 1 month - if you do not have a definate improvement, then there may be a nasal structure problem and it would be advisable to consult a Ear Nose Throat Specialist.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.