Ask an expert

09 Feb 2004

"Skew" spinal cord
I am a 27year old female. I get severe lower back pain. When I was in high school, a physiotherapist told me that my spinal cord is a bit "skew". I forgot what the proper word is, but apparently it happens a lot to females! She also gave me some exercises to do, but I've lost it long ago. What do you suggest?
Answer 2,975 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Lee

It is called scoliosis. You can go to a physio and have thenm assess you and give you appropriate exercises or join a yoga class, but you need to try to get symmetry in your movements and the spine should begin to align.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.