Ask an expert

10 Apr 2006

Sore heels
Dear Doc

plse can u help? I have a callous under both my feet. I also seem to battle to keep my heels from cracking. Ater I had a bath I normally put cream on at night and socks. My heels are also very sore. It's very painful at night. What sort of cream is best for heels? What can I get from the Chemist or what do u as the expert suggest. Thank you
Answer 333 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

First things first you need to go to a podiatrist to get your heels treated and to have the callus removed your poiatrist will recommend a cream for you
A good tip dont put socks over the cream use glad wrap
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes