Ask an expert

05 Apr 2006

Sore underneath my foot
Hi there
I have a sore patch just after the ball area (heel) of my foot - underneath.
It feels like a muscle pulling and it also burns at times.
Extremely sore when I have been sitting, etc and then starts to walk?
What can this be and how does it heal?
Answer 324 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

This souns like a classic plantar fasciitis (a band of tissue in the sole of your foot) you need to see a podiatrist for treatment
To get referred to a podiatrist please call Tha SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19330 votes