Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Feb 2004
What medication can you suggest for this? Mum is 84 yrs old her hand is swollen and painful - cannot open it. She says its arthritis - looks more to me like RA.
Natural Medication for Arthritis is glucosamine and chrondroitin, with SAMe for pain relief. Omega 3,6 oils can also help the body make its own anti-inflammatory, but it takes a while to be effective. Some reports of using MSM, turmeric, or the herb Boswellia are effective for pain relief in Arthritis. I would recommend that your mom consult a Naturopath to look at the whole case, use remedies, hydrotherapy and exercise to help her arthritis.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
(Dr Chase Webber ND)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- Covid-19: is obesity really more of a risk factor for men than women?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
- Is R2.7 billion for SAA subsidiaries enough or will taxpayers have to cough up more, parly asks
- Covid-19: Mkhize cracks whip ahead of Phase 2 vaccinations
- Spike in carjackings, home robberies evident citizens not safe in their most personal spaces
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20298 votes