Ask an expert

27 Jul 2005

thyroid test
Is it possible to directly request a thyroid test (possible underactive thyroid) . I am not on a medical scheme and need to do this as economically as possible. Also what is an estimated cost for such a test?
Answer 9,661 views

01 Jan 0001

Our practice would only do this test when requested by a doctor. The reason for this being that we are not clinicians and if the test is abnormal and you need treatment you would have to see a doctor. Some of the other practices might do it without a referral. You would have to phone them and then also request a price. If you pay cash you are likely to get a discount.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.