Ask an expert

14 Jul 2005

weird lumps around base of penis
hi im nick, quite a young guy. over the past few years i have developed small lumps at the base of my penis and tiny ones in my foreskin.
i dont know what they are or where they are from. im just too embarrased to go see any one about it.
what can/should i do?
Answer 289 views
Urology guest expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nick,
There may be small papules or lumps on the ridge of the glans (corona) and sometimes sebaceous cysts may be present at the base of the penis that is not important, if they do not cause discomfort.
Usually lumps that form should be attended to. I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor. Doctors tend to these problems every day. You do not have to feel embarrassed about it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes