Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
31 Jul 2006
I have this problem on my left hip. I got stretch marks from pregnancy but every two weeks or so i get these itchy, swollen bumps. only on the one side. If i take anti hestamine they go away for a week or so but return. i thought it was elastic i was allergic to but no or material of any kind but no they just pop up in all shapes and sizes and very itchy. what could it be and how do i get rid of it for good?
I am actually not sure what your problem is. I accept that the bumps arise only on the one side and that an antihistamine is helpful. It is possible that you are actually allergic to something that you apply to the area. Do you apply any cream/ointment/lotio in the area? If you do I suggest you stop. Pressure alone can also cause bumps. See your doctor if the problem is persistent.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Going electric? Infrastructure and technology hurdles must be overcome first - Toyota SA boss
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19934 votes