Ask an expert

03 Dec 2005

what it is that can cure me\ sorry to be long
i was sick for more than a year and eight month now suffering from the STI, i went for a test and the reslt was possitive and i told the counseller that what pushed me to test is because of this terrible sickand what he did hewrote me a letter and went to hospital and produce the letter where the doc gave me some table i used to get before i test because that didnot help me before i tested,i was expecting a diffent medicine as now henew my status and that did not help as it did notthey also took me the blood for CD4 and asked me to come back for the results after a week and i did so. when i went there the doctor was not very good for me as he asked me that what do i want and i said i was told that i must come back for the resllts and told me that my CD4is 489 and i told him that those tablets did nothing im stiil the same, he said to me that what do i want him to do and i said to him i want him to help me he said tome that i must not drink too much medicine and i asked what must ido because im doing with this sickness he said i must just stay like this.he tried to check me he said there nothing like thatand he prescribe some table which didnot help me.on this close to two yrs im talking about i was not just sitting i wsa consulting to the dirrent doctors even the gynocologist whotold me thas the cause is th fibres and he need to remove and ifailed because idid not afford.IS THE GYNO TRUE ABOUT THIS OR WHAT MUST I DO NOW ? i have accepted the situation and i'm coping but when coming to this disease i loose and that think more about to die and a lot of things and now i'm in high risk of headach,skin rash coufh and chest pain .please help
Answer 360 views
HIV Counsellor

01 Jan 0001

Hi KK!

This sounds tough.

1. It sounds like a really bad and unsympathetic docter that treated you for the SDI. I am not a docter myself and cannot comment on the cause of your SDI and why it is not improving. It is very possivle that your gaenokologist is right, and you should investigate ways of getting the treatment she prescribes, maybe through a state hospital.

2. You need counselling support to deal with your newly discovered HIV+ status. Please phone the hotline on 0800-012-322 for free counselling over the phone and so that they can tell you of available services in your area.

Keep strong!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19975 votes