Ask an expert

20 Apr 2006

What should I use for swollen face?
I was beaten up and I sustained head injuries and my face is swollen. What should I use for my face?
Answer 242 views
rehabilitation after injury

01 Jan 0001

Hi Aggy

Using an ice compression should be the most effective way to bring down the swelling and inflammation, as well as numb the pain that you may be experiencing. If the swelling has not gone down in 48 hours I would suggest that you see a specialist who may need to do further diagnositic investigations to determine if there is any fracture or related internal bruising which may prevent the swelling from dissapating. If there is any scarring, tissue oil is useful to reduce the effects of the scars as well as help the tissue cells regenerate to reduce the appearance of the scarring.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9361 votes
67% - 19296 votes