Ask an expert

04 Apr 2006

When should I get help with knee problems?

I think I twisted my knee a few days ago, but I can't remeber how. Later that day I went swimming, and my knee twice "popped" when I kicked. Walking is a bit painful - pain on the inner side of the knee - and running is out of the question. I think it could be a tendon/ligament injury. How long should I wait it out/rest before I get a professional opinion?

Please help.
Answer 328 views

01 Jan 0001

Sorry for the delay - if still not right please see a physio
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19955 votes