Ask an expert

15 Jul 2005

From about the age of 14 I have suffered from back-ache. Sometimes so severe that I could not stand up. It will start with a small ache growing to a feeling of a pinched nerve. Lately I even battle to get out of bed, having to roll onto all fours and standing up from there. I am 30 years old. There is no pattern to when I get the pain. My dad had a back operation many years ago, not sure of the problem. Could this be something hereditry. Should I seek help. I have only been for physio once, usually waiting the pain out. Do I need to wait to be in pain before going to see a chiropracter?
Answer 372 views

01 Jan 0001

You do have a problem and I would recommend a vist to a chiropractor as soon as possible. He/She will determine the nature of your problem and quite possibly help you to recover. Don't wait for the pain to flare up before you go - an examination will reveal any problem areas.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes