Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Nov 2006
BURNING PAIN IN BACK
I've get back ache - top half of my back (below my left shoulder). I can feel it more when I am in a standing position (cooking (peeling potatoes), washing disches. I get this terrible burning pain on that side. It does not happed in the mornings, but only afternoons and when I get home after work. What is causing this?
Sounds like your problem may be instigated as a result of incorrect posture - working in a "bent over" position for too long etc... Take several breaks in between and consult a chiropractor for advice on posture in the workplace and at home. Some chiropractic care could possibly be indicated too.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on a farm in Mkhondo
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
- Absa chair says 'clashes' led to sudden departure of bank's first black CEO
- I'd do it again... Lucky Montana maintains he did nothing wrong as CEO at Prasa
- Over 60s encouraged to get the flu vaccine before Covid-19 jab
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20017 votes