Ask an expert

25 Nov 2004

I was born with congenital hip dislocation. This has never occured before, in my family.
I was operated on, from the age of 3yrs by a doctor who, very obviously, wasn't sure what he was doing. He seems to have hacked away at my feminity and has left me with a back problem, knee problems and plenty of other ailments!
I was also warned that there would be an onset of curvature of the spine and osteophorosis. This seems to have started and I am only 22!!!
My pelvis does not sit level, therefore enhancing any previous back pain that I was suffering from before. I feel that my limp is more definite now and would like to know if there are any other options other than having a built-up shoe. I did try that out and it only caused more pain.
I have been to see a chiropractor and he tried to help by stretching the muscles along my back and around my hips, to try and alleviate any discomfort. It helped but, he has since imigrated and I don't trust any other doctors due to my past experiences!
Please help.
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

This is a difficult case and a certain amount of "gentle care" by a chiropractor - as apparently done before - could help to alleviate your symptoms. Our contact details are located on the chiropractic website - I would like to assist you in locating someone more experienced with such problems.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.