Ask an expert

07 Aug 2007

Lower Back pain for years
Dear Doc

I have something wrong with my lower back, its been here since I had my first child. Its very low in the back and when you push on a certain spot its incredibly painful and there feels like a hole of sorts? It does give me problems and at times I struggle to get up. It aches and my back has 'spasm' moments. I sometimes try and pick up something light and I bend and my back gives in. I sometimes have to sit a certain way and watch what I do otherwise I get sharp pain.

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you
Answer 372 views

01 Jan 0001

Chiropractic is a good option and a visit to a chiropractor may indeed prove beneficial.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes