Ask an expert

11 Jul 2005

During 1996 a fusion was done from C3 to C5. Approx 2 years after the operation I was involved in an accident. The affixing screws broke of and the steel plate was removed.
During the course of the past month I've been experiencing pain and discomfort and went for X-Rays on Saturday.
Osteophydes have once again developed. Unfortunately another condition was also discover 'hypro???...' - the X-Rays are currently with my doctor but I believe this condition affects more males than females - over the age of 50.
I'm 43 years old and would appreciate assistance - my sincere apology that I can't supply the condition's correct name.
Could you please advise whether surgery is the only alternative in terms of the osteophytes.
Your feedback is highly appreciated!
Answer 459 views

01 Jan 0001

Surgery is not always a solution - however without actually seeing your x/rays or positive identification of the new condition, I am at a loss for better advice. Take the x/rays along to a chiropractor and discuss this with him/her.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes