Ask an expert

01 Feb 2004

Ache in legs
Dear Doc

For some time the right side of my right knee got very painfull. For about a week now that pain has gone but I am now having problems while walking. If I walk for about 20 metres I get an aching from my hip downwards and I have to stop for a few seconds until it subsides. Can you advise?

Thank you Doc

Answer 417 views

01 Jan 0001

Phil, it is difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first, but it sounds like there might be underlying inflammation. The best would be to try an anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® for a week or so and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.