Ask an expert

23 Jun 2010

Acid treatment
Hi there
Dr I suspect that I have a lot of acid that make my stomach to be sore its like something has blocked the acid in my tummy, what can I take?

thank you
Answer 378 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Helen
Zantac or Mucaine are medications that reduces acid in the stomach. If the over the counter medications does not help you may need to ask your GP to refer you for a gastroscopy ( scope of the stomach) to see if you need stronger prescription medication.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.