Ask an expert

12 Nov 2004

I often get pimples on the lower part of my body e.g( buttocks, inner tights waist line etc) that form firm swellings deep under the skin. They become inflamed and develop into painful lumps; leading to scarring.

I've been reading about acne but all the material mention face,neck and back what could i be suffering from?
Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

Zuki, it sounds more like infected sebaceous glands than acne. The best would be to see your doctor and have a proper diagnosis made. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19996 votes